October 18, 2018
Traces are now available to analyze in addition to calls. You can apply filtering and grouping and jump to a trace detail view for further analysis.
Call error messages and log messages are now exposed for applications, services and endpoints.
- Issues are now automatically detected at the endpoint-level, and custom rule/issue configuration has been extended to endpoints
- Service mapping for Tomcat and JBoss based on deployments (HTTP and EJB calls)
- Tags can now be combined with both AND/OR when defining applications full description.
You can now send alerts to Google Chat. Check out the full description.
Vert.x-Redis is the Redis client to be used with Vert.x.
We now provide visibility into Python RabbitMQ calls made with the asynqp client.
Ruby & Python CodeView has been updated to work best with the new Application Perspectives.
NGINX Plus is a software load balancer, web server, and content cache built on top of open source NGINX. Now access additional metrics for the plus version like 5xx responses and offline upstream peers.
- Multi tenant support
- Download of SAML Metadata XML for IdP
- Upload of SAML Metadata XML from IdP
- bidirectional signatures of the AuthN Request
Nametags are now used to name hosts. See the EC2 tags section to learn more about how to collect EC2 tags.
- Hot-reloading filesystems and NFS mounts configuration.
- Added ability to extract installed packages on Debian based Linux systems.
Python Sensor: Improved host communications - lighter weight; better error handling
Ruby Sensor: Better Rails initialization
Ruby Sensor: Span Reporting: Don’t report nils
Kubernetes Sensor: Added Namespaces support (including resource quotas)
Hazelcast Sensor: Added operation count and connected clients
Hazelcast Sensor: Added capacity of event queue
OracleDb Sensor: Added support for remote monitoring
PHP Sensor: Improved detection for mod_php
PHP Sensor: calls made via the official ElasticSearch client now show up as ElasticSearch spans
Tomcat Sensor: Added health issues for sudden drop and increase of number of session
UI: Numbers are now formatted according to users’ preferred locale (preferred locale defined in the browser). To change it back to the old behavior, i.e. to enforce an
en-USformat, enable the Format numbers in en-US format setting within the user interface’s settings dialog.
Website Monitoring: The ID of the current page load is now accessible.
Dynamic Focus for endpoints: Issues and infrastructure related to endpoints can be searched/filtered by Dynamic Focus using queries like
entity.endpoint Dynamic Focus keywords are used together, they can only be joined by the
OR operator. E.g. The queries
entity.application.name:foo AND entity.application.name:bar,
entity.application.name:foo entity.application.name:bar are no longer permissible.
Please check Alerting Configurations under Alerting section and Custom Issues under Knowledge Base section in Settings for any deprecated queries and update them.
- Ruby Sensor: Add safety and avoid triggering DB connections when unknown adapter in use
- Ruby Sensor: Support ::Instana::Tracer.xxx call style for the instantiated tracer
- Ruby Sensor: Update stack reporting key
- Ruby Sensor: Delay announce on boot; Fix header reference
- Hazelcast Sensor: Fixed a performance issue in the cluster safe state monitoring
- PHP Sensor: fixes a bug with predis connection objects when using clusters
- PHP Sensor: fixes segfaults when using mpm_worker/ZTS on PHP 7.x
- PHP Sensor: fixes interleaving batches showing as concurrent spans