29 May 2018
Instana now automatically discovers and monitors Kubernetes clusters. See our Kubernetes docs for details.
Please Note: An update your instana-agent Kubernetes configuration is required. For more details see Kubernetes agent setup
Along with our Kubernetes monitoring, we also now support OpenShift. See our OpenShift docs for details.
Please Note: An update to your instana-agent OpenShift configuration is required. For more details see OpenShift setup
We’ve also added monitoring of the Ceph distributed storage system. See our Ceph docs for details.
Ahead of official LTS in October, we now support Node.js versions 10.0.0 and above. See our Node.js docs for details.
The latest Python sensor now includes instrumentation for the suds-jurko package.
- RabbitMq Sensor: Added Network Partition Detection and alerting both as an incident and on dashboard.
- MongoDB Sensor: Added set of new metrics for MongoDB Replica Set.
- PostgreSQL Sensor: Added info about database size and number of active connection
- ActiveMQ Sensor: Monitor a defined amount of topics/queues (including Dead-Letter queues) and alerting if filling
- Python Sensor: Added safeties to Django calls
- Python Sensor: Removed unused snapshot fields
- Python Sensor: Show package version on boot
- Ruby Sensor: Improved logger levels, hints and supported environment variables
- Ruby Sensor: Show gem version in boot message
- Go Sensor: re-use http client (performance)
- Consul Sensor: Added configuration for ACL policy Consul Sensor Configuration
- Node.js Sensor: Properly initialize and assure operationId is generated in MongoDB instrumentation.
- Node.js Sensor: Support for 128bit trace IDs.
- Node.js Sensor: Reduce memory footprint when using HTTP agents with
- Python Sensor: Specify exception class to be caught
- Ruby Sensor: Update sys-proctable API call to follow upstream changes in v1.2.0