To provide visibility and insight into Azure based cloud environments, Instana automatically discovers and monitors your Azure services. Our agent can itself be easily installed inside our outside your Azure infrastructure. Please download the agent from the portal and install it on any (virtual) machine which has access to Azure.
Azure Remote Services monitoring will:
- Provide realtime insights into metadata, configuration, metrics
- Watch the health of each service and alert on issues
- Enable service discovery leveraging service information (see Service Configuration)
- Place this insight within the context of the rest of your infrastructure/services
Agent Installation & Configuration
Currently, you will have to install the agent on a (virtual) machine inside or outside your Azure environment. One agent can monitor remote services of one subscription, so you will need multiple agents to monitor multiple Azure subscriptions.
To enable monitoring for remote-services, you have to do 2 steps
- Create a service-principal account with read-access to your resources in Azure Portal
- Set environment-variables on the monitoring box to enable the sensors.
The environment-variables you need to set are as follows:
INSTANA_AZURE_SUBSCRIPTION = [Your-Subscription-Id] INSTANA_AZURE_TENANT_ID = [Your-Tenant-Id] INSTANA_AZURE_SPID = [Your-Service-Principal-Account-Id] INSTANA_AZURE_SPSECRET = [Your-Base64-encoded-Service-Principal-Secret]
Once you set these environment-variables and start the agent, it will automatically start discovery for the supported remote-services on the specified subscription.
We are constantly adding new monitoring capabilities. Watch out for changes to this page to find out about new services being supported by our agent.
Read more about visibility into your App-Services Web-Apps instances on our App-Services Docs.
Read more about visibility into your Azure CosmosDB instanceson our Azure CosmosDB Docs.
Read more about visibility into your Azure Redis environment on our Azure Redis Docs.
Azure Storage Service
Read more about visibility into your Azure Storage service on our Azure Storage Docs.