Learn about other supported AWS services on our AWS docs.
- Domain Arn
- Domain Name
- Grouping zone (region)
- Cluster statuses: Green, Yellow, Red
- Number of nodes
- Number of searchable and deleted documents
- The maximum percentage of CPU resources used for data nodes in the cluster
- Free storage for cluster
- Cluster used space
- Cluster indicator for accepting/blocking incoming write requests (clusterindexwrites_blocked)
- JVM memory pressure
- Automated snapshot failure metrics
- Number of requests with HTTP status codes
- Search latency, average time that it takes a shard to complete a search operation
- The remaining CPU credits available for data nodes in the cluster
For more information refer to Amazon Elasticsearch Metrics and Dimensions.
Metrics for Elasticsearch are pulled every 5 minutes, this can be changed via agent configuration in
com.instana.plugin.aws.es: cloudwatch_period: 300
To disable monitoring of Elasticsearch instances use the following configuration:
com.instana.plugin.aws.es: enabled: false
Multiple tags can be defined, separated by a comma. Tags should be provided as a key-value pair separated by :. In order to make configuration easier, it is possible to define which tags you want to include in discovery or exclude from discovery. In case of defining tag in both lists (include and exclude), exclude list has higher priority. If there is no need for services filtering, the configuration should not be defined. It’s not mandatory to define all values in order to enable filtering.
Users are able to specify how often sensors will poll the AWS tagged resources using the
tagged-servies-poll-rate configuration property (default 300 seconds).
To define how often sensors will poll the tagged resources use following configuration:
com.instana.plugin.aws: tagged-servies-poll-rate: 60 #default 300
To include services by tags into discovery use following configuration:
com.instana.plugin.aws.es: include_tags: # Comma separated list of tags in key:value format (e.g. env:prod,env:staging)
To exclude services by tags from discovery use following configuration:
com.instana.plugin.aws.es: exclude_tags: # Comma separated list of tags in key:value format (e.g. env:dev,env:test)